OPEN POSITION ANNOUNCMENT:
AFL Enterprises, LLC, has an immediate opening for a full-time Project Director with experience in healthcare quality improvement, Breakthrough Series methodology, and Quality Improvement Learning Collaboratives. AFL Enterprises, LLC is a consulting organization headquartered in Denver, CO, however candidates do not need to be based in Denver to qualify. AFL’s business focuses on programs and initiatives that promote access to high quality health care services for underserved populations.
The Project Director will be responsible for assuring the quality of projects and is responsible for oversight and management of the work of projects assigned.
The Project Director is a leadership role that is responsible for the project results and outcomes. The Project Director is responsible for elevating any concerns regarding scope, timelines, or deliverables to the AFL President. The ideal Project Director has experience running Breakthrough Series Learning Collaboratives.
This position reports to the AFL President, and will work collaboratively with other project participants including, but not limited to, content expert faculty and consultants, state agencies, health center staff, AFL staff and leadership, and funding organization staff. Candidates must have at least 5 years of experience managing and leading projects; 3+ years of experience in healthcare. The successful applicant will have excellent organizational skills, demonstrated attention to detail, a flexible and team-oriented work style, and ability to self-direct work.
AFL is currently looking for a full-time Project Director with a corresponding compensation of $75,000 – $90,000 /year commensurate with experience.
Duties of this position include:
- Leads strategy and content development for assigned projects, with input from AFL President and other project partners as needed
- Responsible for Project Management of assigned projects, typically by supervising Project Managers or Coordinators
- Manages relationships with key stakeholders, including clients, funders, partners, contractors and faculty members; ensures alignment and engagement between key stakeholders on assigned projects
- Provide direct improvement coaching and technical assistance to participants of projects assigned
- Resolves issues and solves problems for assigned projects
- Develops project budgets and assures approval and sign-off from appropriate parties
- Provides mentorship, training to AFL Staff • Directly supervises at least 1 AFL staff member
- Partners with AFL President in AFL strategy and staff development
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred; concentration in Public Health, Social, Biological or Health Sciences, Education, Public Administration, non-profit management, or related discipline
- At least 5 years related professional experience
- Experience with quality improvement projects in healthcare, specifically Breakthrough Series Learning Collaboratives
- Demonstrated leader in managing project staff and large-scale projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in managing virtual collaboration tools such as project management tools, file sharing tools, and collaboration tools
- Authoritative command of written English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong editorial skills and eye for grammar and graphic quality
In addition to the qualifications listed above, the ideal candidate will also possess the following professional qualities:
- Initiative and resilience in the face of ambiguity
- Works well both independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility; nimble in response to an evolving workload
- Customer service focused
- Critical thinking
- Ability to learn new software and flexible with emerging technologies and tools
- Ownership of work; a self-starter who can prioritize tasks and manage his/her time
- Openness to constructive feedback, input, redirection; positive, lifelong learning orientation
- Attention to detail, but always in the service of bigger picture objectives and outcomes
Our employees have the opportunity to grow with us in a rapidly changing environment. We strive to instill qualities necessary for a successful career in public health through challenging projects that will provide you the opportunity to enhance your skills and career, while furthering the great work of our clients. In addition, we offer a competitive salary for that outstanding candidate depending on experience.To Apply:
Qualified candidates may send resumes and cover letter to email@example.com
no later than 12/30.